James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, May 4, 2012

Lessons learned from a day at disneyland...


*Lola's favorite ride was the train from the parking lot to the park.
*Late April is the ideal time to go -- our longest wait time was 20 minutes.
*Do not, under any circumstances, ride Splash Mountain in a dress.


 *Despite the fact that Lola had been talking about giving Snow White a hug for months beforehand, one look at the evil queen was all it took to cause my daughter to cling to me like white on rice.
*James, however, harbors a secret desire to poke Snow White's eye out.
*When Lola feels her brother could be in danger (like when he got a little to close to that freaky queen), she will yell, "Get him out of there!" repeatedly until her command is heeded.
*My daughter is highly skilled at rewriting history -- a few hours later, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, remember when I hugged Snow White?"


 *While Dumbo the movie is blatantly racist and disturbing, Dumbo the ride is delightful.
*A wave from Rapunzel and Flynn Rider rocked my little girl's world (in a good way).
*Disney has a sadistic side -- the Pinocchio ride?  Are you kidding me?  Reece and I were even more terrified than our poor toddler.
*It took a six-pack of Mickey lollipops to calm Lola down -- lollipops we bought at a cart conveniently located outside said ride.  Well played, Disney.  Well played.


*The teacups are easily the best family ride in the park.


*Grandparents, aunts and uncles make the experience more fun for everyone (particularly for the parents -- who got to sneak away every once in awhile to hop on a few big-people rides together).
*When Lola gets deliriously tired, she smothers her daddy with smooches.


 *My babies are incredibly good sports.


*And most importantly, Lola gets really upset when her parents try to hop into a giant teacup without her.


Happiest Place on Earth, my eye.

3 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

LOOK AT THE PHOTO WITH ME IN IT! James is trying to steal Lola's sucker. Check out that look of death she is giving him! HAHA! I love this!

AJ and Cindy said...

I loved reading about Disneyland, it is one of my favorite places to go :) I say we take our kids back there in a few years for a trip? :) That last picture of Lo is hilarious!

izza said...

Gosh! I'm so jealous! Meeting Snow White is one of the reason why I so love Disney. Disneyland is an incredible amusement park. The rides and decorations are all based on the wonderful Disney characters we have all grown to love. Baby wheels