James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, April 29, 2012

On the road again...


 We packed up the turkeys, charged the portable DVD player and made the long and ugly drive to Newport Beach last week.

Lola ate nearly an entire can of raw "diamonds" [english translation: almonds] in the first hour and a half.
 
We made a quick stop in St. George to spend a night with Reece's grandparents, and the kids reveled in their new-found freedom from the car by rolling around on the grass and (in Lola's case) hugging a lamp post.

I had to snap a quick photo of the world's largest thermometer in Baker, because my children's children will stand in awe that their parents witnessed such a marvel.
Right.

I have to give props to my babies -- who, all things considered, were amazing travel buddies.
Things got a little hairy when a chicken nugget was ripped from the hand of a certain toddler by a certain chubby little brother, but overall, they were great.

And the inevitable grumpiness resulting from a stop in Barstow (129387129873 degrees + no $1 diet cokes at McDonalds + inflated gas prices = me looking for something glass to smash) melted away the moment we finally reached my beloved Pacific.

 
The mountains are beautiful, but my soul aches for the ocean.

0 comments: