James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, March 5, 2012

Trading spaces...


Today I had a date with the newsroom, and Reece had a date with our children.

I spent the day writing stories, catching up with coworkers, eating the newsroom Red Vines and basking in a few hours all to myself.

Reece spent the day being me.

When I got home, the babies were covered in strawberries, Lola had colored all over her tray using permanent marker and Reece looked like he had just completed a marathon in 100-degree heat.

I'm so glad my kids have such an involved father who loves his wife enough to support her escape back into the working world for a day.


I'm also very glad that my real life involves strawberry messes, permanent markers, macaroni and cheese, Pocoyo and two crazy babies who both greeted me with gigantic smiles and actual applause when I walked in the door after about 10 hours away from them.

Breaking in our new double stroller with Dad