James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The constant gardener...

This evening Reece decided it was time for his daughter to learn how to garden.
We headed to the store, where Lola picked out a pink bucket, a pink watering can, a purple shovel, pink flowers, seeds of more pink flowers and starburst jellybeans (for me).

Lola put on her "dirt shirt," took off her shoes and readied herself for battle.

I was not allowed anywhere near the actual instruction, seeing as how I've killed almost every plant left in my care.
So I assumed the role of photographer as Reece and Lola filled her little pot with dirt (and a worm).


 Once the dirt was properly packed, it was time for the pink flower seeds to meet their new home.
She poured them into the pot, covered them with dirt and twirled with joy.


 After watching the dirt for about ten seconds, Lola declared the seeds "broken" and turned her watering can on the flowers that actually exist.


As I watched all this unfold, I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky my kids are to have such a great dad.


He's patient, he's fun, he's spontaneous, and he lets Lola run around the yard without her shirt because, in her words, "My tummy wants some sun!"

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

That is so cute! I'll bet she was very excited!