James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, March 26, 2012

And just like that...

Friday night I attended the MBASA closing social at Aspen Grove.
Which was crazy, because honestly, the opening social was just a few weeks ago... right?


 I'm freaking out a little, because in just a few weeks, Reece will officially be done with his first year of grad school.
And since the MBA program is only two years, that means we're fifty-percent done with the experience.

While part of me wants to jump for joy, the other part of me is trying to cope with the fact that it seems to be going just a little too fast.

This stage in our life together is, in a word, nuts.

But despite being 27 and sleeping in my high-school bedroom,
despite the fact that we have absolutely no income aside from the two or three shifts I work each month (and let's be honest, that money goes to Gap Kids anyway),
despite the fact that we rarely see each other,
this stage in our life together has also been, in a word, wonderful.

We've made some incredible friends -- the women I get to hang out with on a regular basis amaze me and astound me and make me grateful for their presence in my life.
They keep me sane.
They make me feel loved.
They help me be a better mother and a better wife.


Wives of 2013

Here's to one more year of adventures and one more year of hiding from the real world.

1 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

It goes by SO fast, seriously. We're DONE in 6 weeks and can hardly believe it! As soon as you get in your rhythm, it's over. :)