James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, February 19, 2012

That time London stole my husband...


Lola, James and I are in LIndon.
Reece is in LOndon.

Who'd of thought one little letter could represent such injustice?

Reece was selected by Honeywell to participate in a field study for their European operations.
I could try to explain what exactly the project entails, but it would probably come out sounding like a foreign language that I most definitely don't speak.

Basically he is working on a massive restructuring of the company's employee benefits.
Did that sound businessy enough?
It's a good thing I'm not the one getting an MBA...

I understand one concept and one concept alone -- he's spending a week in Europe (all expenses paid), and I'm not.

Woe is me.

I figure the only way to survive a week of single motherhood is to stay insanely busy, so that's exactly what I intend to do.

So far, we've drowned our daddyless sorrows in a trip to Discovery Gateway with friends...


 Lunch with the Maudsley girls...


Shopping.
Because when the husband's away, the wife finds solace in sales...


 Sushi with Uncle Adam...


A Saturday night date at Cafe Rio...


And grape ice cream at Baskin Robbins (because I couldn't talk my daughter into trying my childhood favorite -- bubblegum)...


 Notice most of these activities involve food.
Clearly I am a girl who believes in eating her feelings.

We've had a few rough moments, but for the most part, my babies are excellent companions.
And once I've tucked them both in bed, I've been enjoying my nightly dates with thin mint ice cream and Netflix.

Here's to {temporarily} making it on our own!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

thanks for making time to see us, I loved it! even if our girls were going crazy {chicken nuggets!...haha} anytime we get to see our bff's is a good day!

AJ and Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.