James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A bit o' culture...

Friday Kim, James and I hopped a train into the city.


It's hard to describe what happens to my little heart when I walk up the stairs from Penn Station onto 7th Avenue.
It doesn't matter that I've done it what feels like a million times.
To me, it's nothing short of magic.


It would have been magical for Reece if he had been there, thanks to the gigantic, all-seeing Gloria.


We made our way uptown to the Guggenheim, which was a bit of a bust since more than half of the museum was closed for the construction of an upcoming exhibit.
But man, the architecture of that building is rad.


From there we headed to the Met, one of my favorite places on earth.


James left behind a trail of cheerios to keep us from getting lost -- which is a very real possibility in the Met.
Very Hansel and Gretel of him, if you ask me.

I used the map function on my phone for the first time (it only took me an hour to figure out!) in order to hunt down the nearest Pinkberry.
Naturally.


We spent the rest of the evening window shopping (with a bit of actual shopping done in H&M -- I'm powerless against its wiles) and wandering the city streets.


Oh how I love this city.

1 comments:

Jordan, Tabby, Lily and Baby Lucy said...

Those pictures of James are priceless! It looks like you had an amazing trip- we need to get together soon so I can hear all your stories!