James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, January 2, 2012

The eve of 2012...

To be honest, I wasn't planning to make it to midnight this year.
A toddler and a 6-month-old provide the perfect excuse for me to embrace my inner senior citizen and hit the pillow no later than nine.

But when the Weinbergs call, you down seven cans of Diet Dr. Pepper and party until the break of dawn, which is precisely what we did.


 We dined on our traditional Cafe Rio-inspired feast.
And then, to balance things out a bit, we had a dance party.


I've always found it fascinating how loud music and crazy dance moves lull my boy to sleep.
Lola (who was supposed to be in bed by 9:30 but ended up dancing until about 12:30) got a one-on-one lesson in photography from one of the most talented people in the field.
Mark, you can just send the bill to my parents.


When the magic hour finally came, there was plenty of bubbly, confetti and smooches to go around.


 There could simply not have been a better way to ring in the new year (with the exception of having Alysha, Jason, Kelly and Michael there as well).

 2011 was good to us.
Bring it on, 2012.


Gross.
I've most definitely maxed out my "kissy photo" allowance for the year.

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

your New Years looks and sounds so fun! those cookies are making me drool, though! those are my fav :) Love all your pictures, and I am glad you got to spend the holiday with family , looks like a great party!

The Grady's said...

Oh Mark! Yay! He was such a good guy and an amazing photographer - so glad you guys are still friends :)