James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, January 16, 2012

Eating my feelings...

Reece went to Vegas with one of his good friends last week for what he proudly describes as "the biggest nerd conference in the universe" -- CES.
He and some other MBAs created a "consulting" company -- appropriately titled "Zoobietech" -- in order to get in.

Hehe.

It was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him, and he definitely deserved the break.
Plus, he got in some good manly male bonding time, which is always rad.
 
The kids and I kept ourselves busy with play dates and outings in order to avoid going stir crazy.
We went to "The Chocolate" with the Carpenter girls for a little afternoon tea party to celebrate Reilly's birthday.


We went to story time at the Provo Library with a group of our BYU friends.
The puppets terrified Lola at first, but she warmed up to the idea in the end.


We went shopping.
A lot.
That'll teach daddy to think twice before leaving us again.
 
Except that we didn't actually spend any money.
Zing.
 
 
We played a lot of dress up.


We paid a birthday visit to Cindy and cuddled sweet baby Phoebe.


My babies were very good to me during the four days their daddy was away.
 Heaven bless them for that.
But on my last night as a temporarily-single mother, after a few tantrums and very, very little sleep, I found myself devouring the following atrocity at 12:30 a.m.


It's official.
Reece is never allowed to leave me again.
My arteries depend on it.

We are very, very, very glad to have our Reecey home.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How do you know Reilly??! I love her and used to work with her at Good Earth in college! We seriously had so many fun times together.

Ps so glad Reece had fun, and am happy he's back!!

AJ and Cindy said...

so glad you came and stopped by, it meant a lot to me and it was great to see you!

I miss the days where when our husbands were gone, we'd hang out all night together eating ice cream and talking until the wee hours! :(

I miss you, but it looks like you had some fun things to keep you busy!

Jessica and Reece said...

Shan, she is in my ward here in Lindon! I love her with all my heart. I love that you ladies know each other! Wish we would have made this discovery a bit earlier.