James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Sundays...

I love Sundays.
Best day of the week, hands down.

Especially during the holidays.

I spent the majority of my day laying by the fireplace under the tree, reading my Kindle and snuggling with my little family.

This Sunday was particularly fabulous, thanks to the Thanksgiving-style feast my mom prepared.
Since Kelly was in Paris and Adam and my parents were in Portland for the actual holiday, we were so happy to get a do-over with them.

Besides, it wouldn't be a true Thanksgiving without my mom's stuffing.


 Kelly and I baked and decorated sugar cookies while we all watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, which was wonderful.

I loved President Uchtdorf's counsel to remember and reconnect with our Savior, and not to let our quest to create the "perfect Christmas" get in the way of cherishing the true spirit of the season.
Something I most definitely needed to hear.

Both my babies went to bed at a decent hour, and Reece and I plan to follow suit.

Oh how I love Sundays.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

Oh! I'm so jealous. I want that feast. I miss mama's cooking. :)