James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Leafing...

Lola has decided that since Reece gets to go to school every day, she should be able to follow suit.
So every morning this week we've have "school time," which generally consists of an impromptu lesson or activity (or Disney movie when I'm feeling particularly exhausted) that keeps her busy until lunch time.

Yesterday we went on a leaf hunt.
I gave the girl a Ziploc baggie, yelled "Go!" and off she went in search of fall's greatest accessory.


 I had planned on helping her make a place mat by ironing the leaves in between two pieces of wax paper (I am a firm believer in utilizing those important life lessons learned in Kindergarten), but alas, we didn't have any wax paper (because who uses wax paper anyway?).

Thus, the yarn banner/necklace was born.


 People, this is the kind of project you work on when your mother (me) is quite literally the least-crafty person on the planet.

But we had a lovely time, and that's what counts, right?

3 comments:

Amy said...

This is why I need a yard! Looks perfectly lovely to me.

Esplins said...

I think this is adorable! What a fun activity for a relaxing day.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

You are cute. I'm sure Lola loved it!