James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, September 9, 2011

Frisbees and frozen yogurt...

Reece is absolutely loving his MBA experience thus far.
So much, in fact, that he let some of his good friends from the program talk him into joining an ultimate frisbee intramural team.

Somehow I managed to get through five years at BYU without ever playing on an intramural team (FAIL), so I'm glad Reece is picking up the slack.


 His first game (match?) was tonight, so the kids and I headed to Provo to cheer him on from the very wet sidelines.
The afternoon rainstorm did not make for great grass seating.


The guys played very well in the first half, but started to tire in the second and ended up losing to the team of 18-year-old freshman.
The way they  put it, the "old and fat" couldn't keep up with the "young and spry."
Despite the loss, they sure were fun to watch.

The moment Lola realized she wasn't going to be permitted to run on the field with daddy, she lost all interest in the game.
She kept herself entertained by watching Sesame Street on Reece's phone and playing baseball with some new friends.


I loved getting the chance to meet more of the people Reece spends the majority of his time with these days.
My husband is really in his element and I love seeing him be so excited about what he's doing and the friends he's making along the way.

Another perk: these guys have awesome wives who make watching from the sidelines -- both literally and figuratively -- a whole lot more fun.

We celebrated Reece's first attempt at exercise in over a year with a trip to Yogurtland, where Lola reminded us that life is at its sweetest when you're covered in frozen yogurt.

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Miss you!

Angie said...

Those first pictures are just quintessential BYU. Intramural sports on the field by the stadium. This is very nostalgic for me. :) I love the pictures, I love Provo and I love those gorgeous mountains in the background. Now I need to get off your blog because it's making me homesick!