James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy go nuts...

Phew.
This weekend has been insane.
But the really good kind of insane.
The kind of insane that makes you want to write all about it.

Friday night I escaped on my own for a few hours to get my hair did.
I haven't had it colored since last November because I'm lazy and cheap and don't mind looking mousy.

Earlier this week I made the MASSIVE mistake of going to Dollar Cuts for what was supposed to be a trim (boo you student budget) and it basically resulted in a slaughter.

So to make myself feel better, I pulled out some gift certificates and booked some pamper (not to mention intense fix-it) time at an Aveda salon.

I cannot express to you how lovely it was to sit in peace and quiet and have my scalp massaged for two hours, so I won't even try.

Reece and I spent the rest of the night watching 30 Rock (still hilarious the third time around) and cuddling.
Cuuuuute.

Saturday morning we had brunch with some of Reece's friends from his program.
The kids ran free as we ate french toast and donuts.
Reece has some very cool friends, and their wives are even cooler.

I agreed to work my old shifts this weekend because I have a dream of visiting my sister in Paris before she comes home in November.
We'll just pretend I'm not in complete denial about the fact that it's never going to happen.

I love being back in the newsroom.
It's a nice break for me.
And oh how I've missed my coworkers.

I scrambled to Bountiful on my dinner break for Miss Lyla Delcie's 2nd birthday party.
We've known and adored this little girl since the day she was born, and I'm grateful my girl will have a best friend for life.

Here's their first picture together (stolen from Cindy):


And here they are now:


This morning we dressed in our Sunday best for Miss Genevieve Claire's blessing.
Don't let his face fool you...
James could not have been more thrilled to meet his future wife.


And now I'm back in my chair in the newsroom killing a little time because our show got killed by golf.
My kids and husband are living it up at Nana and PopPop Ivins' house (and I wish I was there with them).  Let's just hope we survive the 11 p.m. drive back to Utah County.

It's been a fantastic weekend.
Hopefully the high will keep me afloat for the better part of this next husbandless week.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

it meant so much to us to have you guys at Lyla's little party. It wouldn't have been the same without you all :) Thanks for being our best friends, we love you guys!!