James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scattered...

Both kids are finally asleep and I'm laying in bed watching Mad Med, blogging and drinking ice water all at the same time.  I'm such a multitasker...

I'm flying solo with the babies until Saturday night.
Reece is on a glorified field trip with the other OB/HR MBAs (holy guacamole that's a lot of acronyms).
School sure is rough so far -- catered lunches, river rafting trips, "networking" dinners.
I'm glad he gets to do this, because he certainly has earned it.

I feel like I've finally settled into a comfortable daily routine with Lola and James.
I just wish that routine involved a little more sleep, but I could be getting much less, so I can't complain.
James is such a mellow little guy, which means I have more energy to devote to my wacky little spitfire of a daughter.

I pulled out my parents' copy of "The Lion King" (VHS, mind you.  Remember those?) and watched it with Lo while folding laundry today.
I cried about fourteen times, while Lola yelled "Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!" and laughed whenever Scar let out his evil laugh, which is often.

I'm glad she didn't quite catch on to the whole King Mufasa murder sequence.
Come on Disney, could you make a more traumatizing movie?
Oh yeah, it's called "Dumbo."

That being said, "The Lion King" has one of the best soundtracks of all time.
I've been singing "Hakuna Matata" all evening.
Lola has developed a liking for the term, "stop it" and takes every opportunity to use it on me.
I make her apologize every time, but I'm pretty sure the whole concept of "I'm sorry" is getting a little lost on her.
She just knows it keeps her out of time out.
If I'm being honest, it's kind of hilarious.

I miss my husband.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jazzed about getting the whole bed to myself... that is assuming one or both of my children don't invade it in the middle of the night.

And on that note, I'm out.
Don Draper awaits...

1 comments:

Eric and Lindsay said...

After I had Tallie I watched Toy Story 3. Balled like a baby for a good half hour after it was done. Curse those hormones.