James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Roseburg: the river

On Thursday we drove south to visit my grandparents in Roseburg.
It's a quiet little city, especially compared to Portland, but it holds so many memories from my childhood and I love it.

Today we spent the afternoon on the banks of the Umpqua River (also known as my uncle's backyard -- lucky guy).
Within minutes of hitting the beach, Lola began to hunt for things to throw in the water.
Thankfully she didn't go for her brother.


 James seemed to enjoy the calming rhythm of the rushing water.
I too, find it calming -- the perfect setting for my Kindle and a cold Diet Coke with fresh lemon.
But it also makes my bladder kick into overdrive.

Overshare?
My bad.


 I can't wait to bring the children back when they are old enough to float the river without giving me a heart attack.
For now, we just sat and watched the floaters go by.


 And now for my two favorite pictures of the day.


Nothing like camera rebellion.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

that looks so relaxing and peaceful. What a fun day! Someday I hope to experience that leg of the trip :) Looks like you guys are having the best time together!