James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cannon Beach...

When the sand became too much for Lola (and the wipes) to handle, we trucked it back up to the little downtown area of Cannon Beach.

Our first stop: Bruce's Candy Kitchen, where one can find some of the best freshly-pulled salt water taffy on the coast.
I think it goes without saying that Lola cheered up mighty quick once she got a pink rock candy lollipop in her hands.


I felt morally obligated to consume my fare share of the taffy so that James could get a secondhand taste.
I am such a nice mother.


And then, in a completely unselfish attempt to boost my child's calcium intake, I consumed a delectable acai/vanilla frozen yogurt.
Again, SUCH a good mom.


At this point, my chicky #1 was getting cranky and restless, but we couldn't leave without getting Reece some fresh seafood.
So we stopped at a Ecola Seafood for some fish and chips.


 Dude, it was good.
So good, that I'm pretty sure Reece wanted to slap my hand away -- thus preventing me from engaging in my usual don't-order-anything-claiming-to-not-be-hungry-and-then-eating-all-of-reece's-food-because-when-I-don't-order-it-myself-the-calories-don't-count routine.

Meanwhile, James slept.


 And Lola sassed.
I love having ketchup chucked in my face.


The drive home was less than awesome.
Lola tried to kill me with her death glares.
Please bless this isn't a glimpse into the adolescent years.

But at least we got to spend a lovely day in a lovely place.


 Also, my Jekyll and Hyde daughter is pretty sweet when she sleeps.

3 comments:

The Wrights said...

Look at you.. Mommy of two! Looks like you got it down! Has it been a hard transition??

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Ecoli Seafood? Gross

Marissa Waddell said...

You're killing me with all these Oregon pictures! My husband's family is headed to Pacific City tomorrow... he's going, but I can't because of my (stupid) job. Consider me supremely jealous of your coast adventures!