James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 1, 2011

Portland: OMSI...

From the market, we headed to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
I remember going there as a kid when we lived in Eugene and loving it.
I remember going as a teenager and thinking it was lame.

Now that I'm a parent, I think it's awesome again.


I've decided that some things are 10,000 times more difficult with kids.
But other things are 10,000 times more fun.

Watching Lola explore and learn and absorb and process was absolutely wonderful.


 Lola adores her cousin Ellyse and spent the entire afternoon glued to her side.


 Reece found his haven in the Game 2.0 exhibit -- essentially a massive tribute to nerdery.
I have to admit that it was pretty cool -- games and systems from the very beginning of the video game era to now, available for one and all to play.


 I paid a visit to my video-game boyfriend, Nate Drake.
I heart Uncharted.
What can I say?  I've absorbed some of Reece's nerd-dom.


 Even Lola got in on the fun.
Reece has never been so proud.


 I'll end with a photo of the shirt that nearly inspired me to give up my life's savings.

It was a good day.

0 comments: