James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 1, 2011

Portland: bites and books...

This afternoon we dined on the goodness of Portland's famous food carts.


 We took our goods to a nearby park and watched Lola chase pigeons while we ate.
In an attempt to make more room in our stomachs, we set out on foot to explore the city, which, by the way, is a wacky and wonderful mix of beautiful and eclectic.


 We made our way down to the waterfront and were pleased to find the line at Voo Doo Donuts wasn't nearly as long as it had been on Sunday, so I braved the insanity and snagged us a couple of maple bars -- Reece's was topped with bacon, which I think is gross but he thought was heaven sent.

For the record: we both decided Banbury Cross in SLC is better.
Just saying. 


 I got about two bites of my maple bar before it was commandeered by my treat-loving daughter.
A mother's selfless love, I suppose.


 We ended our little adventure with a trip to Powell's Bookstore, which is the place I would like my ashes sprinkled when I die.

Gross, but seriously, I love this bookstore.


 I mean, where else could I find gems like this?:


 Or rekindle my love of Nancy Drew?


 And the bike racks rocked my socks off.


 We'll just pretend Lola didn't tear the cover of some book while I wasn't watching.
We'll also pretend I don't still look six months pregnant.

Cool?
Cool.

And now I'm off to bed.
We're headed to the coast tomorrow!

0 comments: