James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

1461 days...

or
208 weeks 
or
35,064 hours
or
2,103,840 minutes
or
126,230,400 seconds

 In short, today marks four years of Reece and Jessica, the Mr. and Mrs. edition.

Year four of our marriage has been a big one.

We had another baby.
Reece got into graduate school.
We left our home in Salt Lake City.

We faced some of our biggest challenges.
We celebrated some of our greatest triumphs.

But the best part about celebrating four years was the celebration itself: eating waffles at home with our babies and curling up on the couch to watch some "Ugly Betty" on Netflix.

No fancy restaurant.
No makeup.
Just us (and James, because he refuses to go to sleep).

Telling, no?

Because I guess four years into this thing called married life, it's the simple things that are truly the most gratifying, the most romantic and the most meaningful.

And how wonderful is my husband for being willing to watch "Ugly Betty" just to make me happy?
That is what I call true love.


Happy four years to my partner in crime, my best friend and my sugar daddy.
I'm definitely renewing my contract for at least four more... especially since he brought me a dozen roses AND got a haircut.

Love you Reecey Pooh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary! I love you guys

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Princess Bride Photo! Love it!

Jenna said...

Aw, I remember when we talked about your upcoming wedding way back when at the DN! How time flies. Congratulations!

Our definition of date night is making caramel corn and watching funny shows like Arrested Development on Netflix. Bliss.