Reece and I are insane and decided to load our 23-month-old and 6-week-old into our Honda Accord for 14+ hours all in the name of an Oregon vacation.
We survived, thank all that is holy, but I learned a few things along the way.
01. Portable DVD players are heaven sent
02. Road trips and nursing don't exactly mesh well
03. Lola will not, under any circumstances, sleep in the car
04. James, however, finds the car to be the perfect place for an extended snooze
05. Idaho smells like one giant farm
06. Ontario, Oregon smells like onions
07. Hitting traffic 15 miles outside of Portland was as close to hell as I've ever been
08. Turning to Extra Chocolatey Flavor Blast Goldfish in times of stress is not the best idea
09. Our windshield wipers were no match for the bug massacre of 2011
10. I really, really, really hate being in the car
To be honest, the trip wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it would be and the kids, for the most part, were fantastic.
And let's face it, even if it had been horrible, Oregon is totally worth it.