James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, June 6, 2011

High heels and waterfalls...

Sometimes I'm not the smartest cookie.

Case it point:

Being far too lazy to change out of my church clothes Sunday, I found myself wading (or waddling, perhaps?) barefoot in the freezing pools under Bridal Veil Falls, desperately trying to keep my high heels from slipping out of my hands while at the same time holding my dress down so as to protect all the innocent children around me from severe emotional trauma.

In case I wasn't clear enough before, I wore a dress and high heels to Bridal Veil Falls.
Where is my brain?
I have no idea.

Let's just focus on how beautiful our little scenic outing was, OK?
OK.


 The weather was gorgeous but hot as h-e-double hockey sticks, especially with my personal space heater.
The cool water brought a one-two punch of pain and relief, but mostly relief.

Reece made a serious attempt to cure me of my obsessive-compulsive tendencies when it comes to keeping my daughter clean.
He purposefully left the wipes in the car and encouraged her to smash her little hands in the dirt and mud as she searched for rocks to chuck into the water.

My skin literally began to crawl, but I drew upon my lamaze training to breathe through the pain and avoided a small panic attack when she wiped said mud all over her Sunday dress.

I know, I have a serious problem.


Nana and PopPop stopped by for a visit on their way down from brunch at Sundance.
My mother was wearing a skirt too, so I didn't feel as sore-thumbish (as in "sticking out like").

I particularly enjoyed her new Sundance T-shirt, purchased to provide relief from the heavy sweater she wore up the canyon.
And yet somehow, she managed to rock the look.

She's a trendsetter, that one.


 Beautiful day full of beautiful life lessons:

01. Do not wear a dress/high heels in nature, no matter how lazy you may feel.
02. Lesson #1 applies even more severely to gigantic pregnant women.
03. OxyClean is an obsessive-compulsive mother's best friend.
04. Walking across sharp pebbles when carrying an extra 26 pounds hurts really, really bad.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now we know where you get it (your trendsetter-ness) and why your daughter always looks perfect - because she's clean! What a smart mom you are....

AJ and Cindy said...

I love that you wore heels, that is the Jessica I know and love! You look beautiful, pregnancy is great on you :)