James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A daddy and his babies...


 Goodness gracious, I love this man.

Particularly on this Father's Day, when instead of sleeping in, he stayed up half the night with our sick daughter while I tended to our newborn son.

Instead of getting breakfast in bed, he made sure Lola had her apple juice and I had a full mug of ice water as I nursed James.

Instead of being waited on hand and foot, he spent the morning emptying trash cans full of stinky diapers and starting loads of stinky baby laundry (holy crap, babies poop a LOT).

I love him, I love him, I love him.

I'm hoping the Star Wars pancake molds and Sees Chocolates conveyed that sentiment adequately.


 But I'm fairly confident if those gifts didn't do the trick, these two rocked his world.


 Because they are by far the best gifts he's ever given me.

Happy Father's Day to my love.
Thanks for jumping into this adventure called parenthood with me.

3 comments:

Camille Wheatley said...

Those Star Wars pancake molds rock!!! I may have to borrow them for Justin. :)

Jo said...

I also need those Star Wars molds, and I also need to hold your baby!!!! He is sooo cute!!!!

AJ and Cindy said...

um, for some reason this post totally made me so emotional! You guys are such a great family and great example of love and compassion. I am excited to watch you take on the role of mommy of two, and know I will look up to you and follow your advice and example when the time comes for us! :)