James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, April 18, 2011

Twenty months...

And I shall call it, the month of "Tangled."


 I suppose I should have seen this coming.
The great Disney invasion.

We've probably watched this movie almost thirty times in the past two weeks.
We know the words to all the songs.
We quote lines on a regular basis.
Lola attacks me with a hairbrush at least twice a day.
But honestly, this obsession couldn't have come at a better time.
Rapunzel and Flynn serve as the perfect babysitters as we frantically attempt to pack up our apartment.

 In other Lola Maria news, she seems to have absorbed some of my lethargy.
Watching me sprawled out on the couch all day seems to have planted in her mind the concept of relaxing.


I personally find it to be endearing.
It's better than her old pastime of pulling books and DVDs off shelves.

My girl has become quite the songbird of late.
Her favorite ballads include : 
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
The ABC Song
Give Said the Little Stream
I Am a Child of God
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree
You are My Sunshine

The best part?
She's got perfect pitch.
At least to my ears.


We've reached the full sentence stage.
"Mommy go peepee?"
"Daddy go to work?"
"Where did he/she go?"
"Come on, Nana"

When she's really excited, her words become a bit jarbled and she becomes extremely frustrated when we don't understand.
That's when she throws up her arms, sighs loudly and buries her head in the couch.
Can't blame the girl.


We love this girl.
Can't believe she'll be two in just a few months.

2 comments:

Jo said...

A. I love Tangled
B. Where, if I may ask, did you get your entertainment center for your TV? Me gusta.
C. She is soooooo cute.

Jessica and Reece said...

Jo, our entertainment center is a $70 IKEA special! Go get one! NOW!

We bought it when we were supposed to be looking for a crib before Lola was born. We get sidetracked pretty easily.