James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cabin fever...

This weekend was all about snow, poker and food.

Alysha and Jason invited us to join in on their couple's trip up to Jason's family cabin in the Uinta Mountains.
It was absolutely gorgeous and the company was nothing short of lovely.

Some highlights included a late-late-late night game of candy poker.
Reece gladly showed off his mad dealing skills.


We slept in until ten this morning and spent the day playing in the snow and sledding and tubing down the gigantic hill behind the cabin.  I felt like I was 12 years old again.

Don't worry, I only went down a few times.
I realize this is not the most pregnancy-friendly activity...


 Reece took me on my first snowmobile ride, which I actually loved.
That is, until we hit a bumpy patch and I nearly wet myself.

Oh the pregnancy bladder.

We cooked.  We ate ice cream out of cartons.  We watched BYU basketball.

But the highlight for Reece was definitely the Call of Duty on XBox.


 Nerdery never sleeps.

Thanks to Alysha and Jason for a lovely getaway.
We are sold on this whole cabin idea.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

We are so glad you came! It was so fun! We are already planning the next one. :)