James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A little love story...

It all began with a basketball game.

I was hanging out at my friend Tara's apartment one Friday night in December of 2006.
Our friend Tom walked through the door, bringing with him two of his childhood friends who came down from Logan for the big Utah State vs. BYU game that weekend.

I'd heard of these guys before.
Adam, the interior designer, and Reece, womanizer with hairy "wings" on his back.

I was polite.
I was cordial.
I observed as the boys made their rounds, flirting it up with all the BYU girls.

This boy with the "wings" approached me in the kitchen with that devilish smile and said hello.
I remember thinking he wasn't too bad to look at.
And let's face it, I am a sucker for guys with a less-than-perfect reputation.

But my interest quickly slipped out the door when he hopped on the love sac with Tara.
I think they were talking music or something, but I figured he had a thing for tall, gorgeous blondes -- not short, sarcastic brunettes.

When he pulled me onto the love sac too, I had to laugh.
This guy was a womanizer, that was for sure.
And I sort of loved it.

Someone suggested we go to Denny's.
I'm pretty sure at this point, it was close to 2 a.m.

We piled into a booth -- Adam, Tara, Tom, Corey, Emily, me and this kid called Reece.
Somehow I ended up next to him.
He ordered hot chocolate with whipped cream -- me, a Diet Coke with lemon.

The flirting commenced.
No one was paying much attention to us when this kid suddenly put a big dab of whipped cream on his lip, looked me straight in the eye and said, "I dare you."

I don't back down from a dare.
Especially a dare from a hot boy with a mischievous streak.

So I did.
I smooched that whipped cream right off his lip.

I pulled away and he stared at me, clearly shocked.
Then we both started to laugh.
We quickly looked around to see if anyone else had seen this scandalous exchange, but everyone seemed too wrapped up in their conversations to notice anything.

And that was the beginning of Reece and Jessica.

More to come...

I made Reece swear never to tell our kids about the whipped cream incident
Come to think of it, I don't even think our parent's know about it.

I guess the secret's out.
Don't judge.

11 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Love it!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

And then you made out for many hours.

Shannon said...

Stop it! I loved this story! Reece the bad boy, Jess the nice girl... oh how the tables have turned. LOL, jk. Love you guys.

Angie said...

I think that is totally awesome! Haha!

Katie said...

oh you were one of those girls........joking

Unknown said...

why in the world do i not remember being there????? are you sure i was there??

Candace said...

Haha! I love that you kissed the first night you met! Love at first sight, right? I love it because you clicked right away, and because you obviously share the same great sense of humor. Can't wait to see how the story continues...

Jessica and Reece said...

OK Em, maybe you weren't there for the Denny's portion of the evening. But I swear you were there for part of it??? Who knows though -- this pregnancy brain is killing me. Reece says he remembers me sitting on your lap when we first met, which is not unheard of :)

And yes Katie, I was one of THOSE girls :)

Amy said...

:D This makes me happy. Also, I love that whipped cream kisses after 2am over a diet coke is mischievous.

Eric and Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Haha!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I am hear to testify of the truth of all of these events and the fact that I had no idea about the whipped cream event!!! It was super late/early and still one of my fondest/craziest "college" nights.