James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heart-y feast...

Yep, another shameless post about food.
It's a wonder I'm not 900 pounds.

Moving on.

My lovely and endlessly creative friend Cindy started a tradition for her little family last year of whipping up a Valentine-themed feast on the first of February -- a sort of ushering in of the month of love, if you will.

This year, she graciously invited us to attend.
She even let me take part in the menu planning and execution, which was nothing short of a hoot.


I contributed our favorite strawberry spinach salad, my mother's famous life-changing jello pretzel salad (because it wouldn't be a Mormon dinner party without it) and my BBQ chicken pizza
Get it?  They all include the color red!  The color of Valentine's Day!



Cindy outdid herself with an amazing heart-shaped Hawaiian pizza, complete with heart-shaped ham.  HEART-SHAPED ham, people!  This girl can do it all.   To top it all off, she whipped up heart-shaped strawberry shortcake that was almost too pretty to eat.

As if that wasn't enough, she decorated to the nines.  Cupid himself couldn't come close to being this good, even if he tried.


 It was a wonderful evening, and we are so grateful to have such incredible friends who we love so much.


 And because tonight was all about celebrating love, I have to include a photo that I love for several reasons.


01. Lola's deer-in-the-headlights look
02. Lyla's ice-cold glare
03. My googly eyes and chipmunk pregnancy cheeks

It's a good thing we had Cindy to save us from the Awkward Family Photos website.

 Also on my love list?
These little monkeys:


Because life would be pretty boring without them.

And now I'm off to bed, drunk on a cocktail of love and jello pretzel salad.

Happy February!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I want to be Cindy's friend.

Eric and Lindsay said...

What a good idea! I'm going to have to come up with some holiday feast like that!

Erin Masi said...

I love this idea!! How cute! I might have to steal it!!

Also, can you pass along your red jello pretzel recipe?!? I love that stuff...

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I'm pretty sure Cindy took up all the creative genes before I came along. She comes up with the cutest things, it kills me!

That pizza looks delicious, by the way. And the jello. Maybe because I'm incredibly hungry right now . . .

AJ and Cindy said...

I love the awkward family photo pic of us...it really captured the moment! Thanks again for coming and for helping so much, it was great sharing our tradition together!