James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, February 7, 2011

Asian inspiration...

Food post #6,098,239,023.

We got the hankering for some good Asian-inspired cuisine this weekend, but didn't feel like breaking the bank to go out.
Instead, we tried our hands at it.

On the menu: chicken teriyaki udon, miso soup, potstickers, edamame and sushi
oh my!


 Everything was delicious.
MUCH better than Happy Sumo (ok, maybe not the sushi, but the other stuff).

We found some crazy desserts at the Asian market by Liberty Park to top off the meal.
 Among them, a funky plastic-textured roll filled with red bean paste. 
Not so much a hit.


The hits included Pocky sticks and homemade lemon-ginger ice cream.


Sweet, sweet success.
Why do I take so much joy in stuffing my face?

1 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE pocky---had I been there no one else would have been able to have some.