James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A village...

 It's been a rough 48 hours for my little girl.

Despite her flu shot, she's caught some kind of nasty bug that keeps her from breathing and makes her throat dry and sore.
She's running a high fever and she has no interest in sleep, even though she's absolutely exhausted.

And seriously, medical professionals, why have you not come up with a cold medicine for kids under 4?
You'd make millions, let me assure you.

Throw in the fact that her mother is pregnant, emotional and slightly crazy, and you have one miserable munchkin.

Reece was out of town, so we happened to be sleeping at my parents' house when the sickness reared its extremely ugly head.
Thank heavens for that.

Because people, it takes a village.
My wonderful sister made a solo trip to Walmart at 11 p.m. in search of something that might ease Lola's suffering.
My mom stayed up, rocking and singing to my girl while instructing me on how not to cry myself.

And though it was a rough night, it reminded me how grateful I am to have the village I do.

It also made me realize that being a mom is a lifetime thing, because at 26 years old, I needed my poor mama just as much as Lola needed me.

And I think that's just lovely.

4 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

Heavenly Father was on to something when He gave us families. :)

Annie said...

I have seen a cold medicine for kids 2+, it is a homeopathic and safe for younger kids, i know Lola isn't 2 yet but maybe you could give her just half of what they suggest for a 2 year old. That is what I do for my 3 year old I just half what they suggest for 4. it seems to work just fine.

Annie said...

oops...i found it at walmart it was next to the other kids medicine.

AJ and Cindy said...

I am so glad you were with your family, it is so hard to have a sick child :( I am glad she is on the up though! such a sweet girl she is .