James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, January 24, 2011

Turning 26...

Turning 26 brought lunch at one of my favorite restaurants with two of our favorite girls, followed by A&W diet root beer floats.


Turning 26 brought a night of crazy birthday bowling with my siblings.
I broke 100 for the first time in my life and Lola basked in the black lights and lasers while cheering us on at the top of her little lungs.


 Turning 26 brought balloons, streamers and roses from my sugar, along with a few other surprises.
I jumped for joy when I saw my gifts (Yes, that's a "voucher" for a nerdy video game. Look at the effect my husband is having on me!), once I got over my urge to vomit upon seeing Sarah Palin's face on my card.


Turning 26 brought treats, surprises, texts, calls, e-mails and messages from loved ones near and far, for which I am eternally grateful.

Turning 26 brought the realization that life gets even better and brighter with each passing year.

Turning 26 brought the realization that I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20 (yikes).

Turning 26 was absolutely lovely.

4 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

The picture of you and Lola at lunch is Adorable. Love it! Glad you had a great day!

Unknown said...

The fact that you are a year older than me and not a year younger like I've thought this whole time I've known you completely boggles my mind. Happy Birthday!

Esplins said...

So glad you had a happy birthday! Gotta love Zupas and root beer floats. Sounds like the perfect party to me :)

AJ and Cindy said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday, thanks for letting us steal you away and spend part of your day with you, I can't imagine it being any other way!