James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ones and Zeros...

Here I am, on the night of one-one-eleven, wondering how the year of twenty-ten slipped by so quickly.

It was a wonderful year for Reece, Lola and I.

A year filled with laughter, smiles, smooches, celebrations and time well spent.

In 2010, we watched our daughter grow from a tiny baby to an inquisitive and frighteningly intelligent toddler.
Lola quit nursing, opted for solids, learned to crawl, learned to toddle, learned to talk and developed what can only be described as a larger-than-life personality.

2010 whisked us all over the country.  Lola and I enjoyed girls-only trips to Portland, Eugene, Roseburg, New York City and New Jersey.  Reece and I indulged in a mama-and-daddy trip to San Francisco, Menlo Park, Carmel and Monterey.  Lola and I survived (but just barely) when Reece took solo trips to Chicago and Phoenix. As a family we ventured to St. George, Las Vegas, Carpinteria and Santa Barbara.
 
2010 brought painful disappointment, which ultimately opened the door for immeasurable joy.  I was taught, time and time again, how important my little family is to me, and how the world can never be all that scary as long as I have Reece and Lola by my side.

In 2010 we spent oodles of time with our families -- something we may not have the luxury of doing in the very near future.  We were blessed with a new nephew AND a new brother-in-law.

2010 brought the introduction, fostering and building of what I'm sure will be lifelong friendships.  Lola has essentially grown up with a group of babies who were all born within a few months of her, and it's been such a joy to watch them all interact.  And I've essentially "grown up" as a Mama with a close group of women whom I will love and cherish for the rest of my life.

In 2010, I celebrated a quarter century, while Reece marked 27 years.  Man are we getting old.

2010 brought the news that in 2011, we'll become a party of four.

I'm grateful for the year twenty-ten.
I look to 2011 with hope, anticipation, faith and a renewed conviction to not be so grumpy.

Here's to a clean slate.  A fresh start.
Here's to 2011.

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

what a great recap of the year. it went by so fast, but when I look back it was the best year, too! thanks for making our year so full and joyful, we are grateful for you guys!

Amy said...

Happy New Year!