James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Single motherhood...

Reece returns tonight from a quick adventure in Chicago.

So for the past few days, it's just been me, Lola and our guard kitties.
My darling took pity on her mama and behaved swimmingly the entire time.

All she needed were soggy Cheerios and pictures of her then-pregnant mama to keep her spirits high.


As well-behaved as my normally mischievous little girl was, I took it upon myself to assemble a bit of a "temporary single mother survival kit" of sorts.

You know, in case I needed backup.

Essentials included...


$1 Diet Coke from McDonalds
Cafe Rio Chicken Salad
Cookie dough/caramel ice cream topped with cool whip and 100-calorie hostess cakes
Cindy, who sacrificed a night with her little family to keep me from getting lonely

Though it was quite nice to have the bed to myself and only one other person to clean up after, I missed my honey and couldn't be happier to have him back. 


Because as intimidating as our cats are(n't), I feel much safer when he's around.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That kit looks perfect... I need to do that when Mitch goes out of town! And yes, let's lunch soon! Let me know your sched.

ps, so nice of your friend to come over to keep you from being lonely.

Amy said...

I'm sorry, but did you get a Rio salad with no pico? Also, are you crazy?

I'm glad you had the good sense to prepare properly. :D

AJ and Cindy said...

I am so sorry you had to look at me all night! ah, that picture is just lovely...ha ha...anyways, so glad Reece is back, but I had fun spending so much time with you! :) even if our girlies make us a little crazy at times, it was a perfect evening!

Jessica and Reece said...

Oh Amy, rest assured I got extra pico. I just took the picture mid-stir when all the pico was under the mound of lettuce. Please be my friend.