James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, November 5, 2010

Girls fright night...

I adore scary movies.
For some unknown (and slightly insane) reason, being scared rocks my world.

Just ask Reece.
I'll spend hours googling hauntings and murders and all things macabre until I'm so terrified I shake him from his peaceful slumber to say a prayer with me.

Poor guy.

Luckily, some of my good friends enjoy being spooked as much as I do.
We also really like food.
So we decided to leave the babies with the husbands and fashioned a girls' night dedicated to the art of being scared.

Scare factor #1: The amount of calories in the fantastic cupcakes provided by the Sweet Tooth Fairy.


Scare factor #2: The effect the Mediterranean chicken pizza had on our breath.


Scare factor #3: The whiteness achieved when attempting to take pictures in the dark.


(Not so) Scare factor #4: The Shining.  Really, why do people think this flick is one of the greatest horror movies of all time?  We all know Jack Nicholson is a freak, what else is new?  I guess the kid is pretty creepy.  And Shelley Duvall's acting is downright mortifying.


Scare factor #5: Four mamas in their pajamas at midnight.


Spook-freaking-tastic, if you ask me.

2 comments:

De Rosa said...

Such a fun night, and we for sure need to do it again! I don't care if it is not halloween anymore.

AJ and Cindy said...

red rum red rum....okay, even if that movie wasn't scary, I was glad b\c then I could sleep at night..haha! hooray for girl and baby-free nights! :)