James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A detailed explanation...

Don't worry.

It won't be THAT detailed.


First of all, thanks to all for the calls, texts, e-mails and comments about our news.
We are so grateful to have so much love and support in our lives.

It's true, I'm pregnant.
Have been for about 12 weeks now.
We're told June 19th will be the big day, but after being 8 days overdue with Lola, I won't be holding my breath.

Can I just say it's been sooooo difficult to keep it a secret?
It didn't help that I began showing much faster than I did with Lola.
Then again I've never been a very good secret keeper.

It's been a bit of a struggle this time around.
I didn't find out I was pregnant with Lola until I was 12 weeks along.
Thus, I attributed the nausea and exhaustion to the overnight shift I happened to be working at the time.

With this baby, we found out around three to four weeks -- the night of our family pictures, to be exact.
And the exhaustion, nausea and, ahem, puking, began promptly after.
The good news is, I'm starting to feel about a million times better.

But really, it feels like I've been pregnant FOR-E-VEERRR.

I never considered the challenges that might arise when one mixes parenthood with pregnancy.
It's quite difficult to sleep all day when you have a very active and energetic one-year-old to attend to.
But for the most part, my sweet girl has been so incredibly understanding of her mama's insanity.
One day when I was feeling particularly awful, I crashed on the couch and flipped on Sesame Street (my favorite babysitter of late).  I closed my eyes, only to feel my baby girl stroke my hair, kiss my cheek and lay her head on my chest.

She panicked a bit when I started bawling, but I couldn't help it.
Dang pregnancy hormones.

Speaking of Miss Lola girl, her new favorite trick is to point to her stomach, daddy's stomach, mommy's stomach, the cat's stomach -- any stomach really -- and yell BEEEEEEE BEEEEEEEE!!!

In addition, when we ask her if she wants a brother or sister, she shakes her head vigorously and says, "NO, NO, NO"

So this could get interesting.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought myself a pair of olive green galoshes with my Nordstrom Rack Groupon today.  It's the little things, really.

7 comments:

ashley mikell said...

congrats! we're excited for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! :)

MeganandClaudy said...

Wait a minute...didn't you just run a 10k the other day? I'm mostly impressed, and just a little bit jealous. I can't even run a 5k and I'm not even pregnant. Way to go...and congrats of course.

Muncher Cruncher said...

I am so excited for you!! Congrats girl. You are a picture perfect mama as it is, and I'm sure you'll only get better with time. If that is even possible..xoxoxo

Kari McCallon said...

I'm with Megan on this one. You are amazing. I can't run a 5k and I'm definitely not pregnant. haha. Lola will love being a big sister, just you wait.

Kristina said...

Congratulations! That is so fun!

Camille Wheatley said...

Seriously, those boots are killer! What a find! I love them. Oh yes, and congrats on the baby. :)