James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 8, 2010

15 month stats...

I was feeling under the weather today, perhaps due to the snowflakes licking my window when I woke up, so Reece offered to take Lola to her 15-month appointment solo.

Though I love those checkups, my hatred for going out in the cold won out and I stayed in bed.
And maybe I didn't want to watch the shots.
Oh how I loathe those shots.

Turns out, Lola and daddy make a great pair when it comes to these appointments.
They were in and out with only a few tears -- nothing a sugar-free lollipop from the nurse couldn't cure.

Reece loves his candy.

Lo has been on a bit of a food strike lately, so we were a bit worried about what the scale would say.
Turns out the kid did us proud and DCFS won't be coming to take her away anytime soon.

So here's the rundown:

Weight: 22.7 pounds (50th percentile)
Length: 32 inches (92nd percentile)

Thank heaven for whole milk.
Dr. Allred was not happy to hear we hadn't weaned the bird off her bottle yet.
I value sleep more than her dental hygiene, which is apparently at risk.

We've decided it's probably time to listen to the medical professional, so I'm expecting some serious insomnia for at least the next few days.
Lucky for dad, Lola and I are heading out to spend a few days with my family.
Sorry family.

And with that, I'm off to load my kid in the car.
Please bless she won't scream the entire 40 minutes.

Also, I CAN'T believe my baby will be 15 months old in a week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101109/ap_on_re_us/us_cruise_ship_fire

I remember you mentioning in one of your past (waaaay past) blogs that you and reece were going on a cruise. I went on the same one!!! :) but lookie here :( Hopefully they get the boat up and running by the time you go!