James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, October 25, 2010

Looming doom...

Last night, the apartment came under attack.
Wind whipped through the vents in every room.
Rain drops pounded the windows with such force I feared they would shatter.
Lightning made lamps and bulbs unnecessary.
Thunder acted as a cruel, hourly alarm clock.

And I loved every second of it.
Because there's nothing better than getting lost in big blankets and pillows while chaos reins around you.

And then the morning came.
And Reece cautiously beckoned me to the window, genuinely afraid of what was sure to ensue.

The mountains behind our house.
They were white.
WHITE.

Rain, I adore.
Rain's ruthless, unfeeling, ugly cousin -- I loathe.

A high of 45 degrees is really not going to cut it for me.
Winter, get out of here.

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

You really need to be an author. This is like a poem.

AZR said...

It's 80 in AZ :) Chayce awaits you!