James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eyes red,,,

Well, we did it.
Lola and I survived the 4-hour midnight flight to New York.

Let me tell you, it would not be an exaggeration to say I was more nervous for this trip than I was for childbirth.
Tears were shed, prayers were offered, Benedryl was purchased (but never used, because I wussed out and couldn't bring myself to drug my child).

In the end though, we made it.
And it really wasn't that bad.
Despite the fact Lola did not sleep.
At.
All.

Not even 3 collective seconds of shut eye for either of us.

At least she didn't cry though.
Instead, she laughed deliriously, jumped up and down non stop and buried her head in my armpit about 40 million times.

I'm counting my blessings.

0 comments: