James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, September 26, 2010

This little piggy...

Sometimes bedtime stories can be dangerous.
This I discovered while reading a true classic to my daughter the other night.


"Cat!" she would declare when the feline made its debut.
"Dog!" she proclaimed as little Benji made his way into the story.
"Birrrr!" she yelled each time the little red hen strolled onto the page.

But her favorite character induced giggles and squeals every time he made a cameo.
Who could our hero be?


Why "mama," of course.

Apparently in Lola's eyes, I have a snout.
And I'm really chubby.
And pink.

To add insult to injury, once we had reached the end of the story and closed the book, the kid grabbed it out of my hands and frantically flipped the pages until she found "mama" again.

Then she proceeded to give "me" a kiss.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Maybe I should just oink.

6 comments:

Kimba said...

so glad she likes the book! :) it's wy's favorite (and mine!) too.

you're not a pig. :) but you know that!

steph said...

Maybe it's another way of showing you that you are her favorite? That's pretty funny, though.

De Rosa said...

Jessica that post made my night, your daughter is the cutest thing ever! She finally has caught on to the pictues I have been flashing her. I would show her a picture of you and then a pig super fast to confuse her and it looks like it is working bwhahaha!

Abby said...

That little pill.

This is so funny, because I JUST BOUGHT that exact book yesterday!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

HA! That was the best blog I've seen in ages, which is saying something because your blogs are all really entertaining. Bye piggy! Love you!

Jessica said...

LOL! Ellie likes to point to the cow and say, "Dada! Moooo." Probably because she gets such a good response out of the offended Dada. ;)