James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random ramblings...

lola has been battling a cold for the past few days
growing concerned by my incessant need to keep her nose/face booger-free
finding her stuffed-up voice heartbreakingly adorable
feeling like I'm coming down with whatever she has
-----

went to best friend's wedding dinner at faustina tonight
drank nine glasses of diet coke with lemon, thanks to a very attentive server
learned i would kill for a daily dose of the molten lava cake
made husband swap his coveted salmon for my chicken
grateful to have a boy who loves me that much
-----
set my alarm for a run tomorrow morning
wondering if i'll actually trade my blanket fortress for the brisk outdoors
excited to go to the temple for best friend's sealing afterward
wishing i liked my wedding photos more
wanting to be a long-haired brunette again
-----
giddy over upcoming trip to nyc
dreaming of grimaldi's pizza, walks across the brooklyn bridge, naps in central park, shopping in soho, wandering the public library, searching for tina fey in rockefeller plaza, getting lost at the met, reunions with old friends -- and on, and on, and on...
freaking out about surviving the red-eye flight with a 13-month-old
so, so, so sad reece won't be joining us
hoping we get to live there someday
-----
grateful for my little family
grateful for our big families
grateful for best friends, near and far
grateful to have a unique and rewarding job
grateful for salt lake city
grateful for fall
grateful for $2.50 dreyer's cookie dough ice cream 
-----
going to sleep happy
-----

6 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love you. Tonight really was so great. I loved seeing how much love was in one room. :) I'm so excited for their sealing tomorrow.

mathistown said...

I've been to Grimaldi's! One of NYC's better kept secrets. And Babinski's sells a nasal aspirator that's supposed to be awesomly effective, albeit kinda gross. Check it out on the website. Might be worth it!

AJ and Cindy said...

Poor Lola :( I hope she feels better soon! At least she is always happy it seems {on our walks at least!} I love all the things you are grateful for, such a good list!

steph said...

Loved your accounts of the wonderful things Utah has to offer -- Granny's, sheepdog herding rodeos, and Farmer's markets. Kinda makes me miss Utah. And really makes me wish I lived closer so Lola and J could have fun together eating jerky and Great Harvest bread. Yum! Thanks for the picture overload.

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one that doesn't love her wedding photos.

Kelly Danielle said...

Careful, the people who took those photos read your blog.