James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, September 20, 2010

13 months+ 8 days...

September 12th completely snuck past me, and I fear the rumors about time only speeding up after the first year may have some truth to them.

Lola is getting more challenging and more entertaining with each passing day.  Challenging in the sense that she's becoming more opinionated, more stubborn, more dramatic and more mobile, and entertaining for those very same reasons.

Oh, and she's obsessed with drugs.


Who needs toys when you have potentially dangerous medications to keep you company?
The things this girl finds entertaining...

Taking "monthly" pictures of Lola has become increasingly difficult, considering the fact she won't stay put for more than about three seconds at a time.  She is one independent woman, and refuses to be told where to sit, what to say or how to smile.

At thirteen months, Lola is refining her ever-expanding vocabulary.
She's been practicing her consonants when she thinks we aren't listening.
We often hear her whisper "yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" to the cats, but only recently convinced her to repeat it loudly for us.
Reece taught her pump her fist in the air as she says it.
Thank heaven she's learning the important things in life.

At thirteen months, Lola loves blowing kisses, particularly at animals and men.
Hmmmm.

At thirteen months, Lola is showing more interest in walking.  She pulls herself up on anything and everything, and has perfected her "Frankenstein" steps while holding our hands.

At thirteen months, Lola is a pro at keeping herself entertained.  In fact, she lets us know when she's annoyed by our presence.  She knows exactly where her toy bins are and manages to pull them out and empty their contents within about one minute of entering the family room.

At thirteen months, Lola has six teeth -- four on top, two on the bottom.  She loves showing off her bottom chompers, but it's a battle to get her to reveal her newest additions.



At thirteen months, Lola hates it when I try to do her hair.
So she often sports an unkempt, curly mullet.
I love it.


My girl loves to sleep.
So do I.
This is why we work.
But being sick has thrown her off her game.  I can't blame her, really.  I find it impossible to get some decent shut eye when my nose is stuffy and I can't breathe.
The other night she woke up at 1:30 a.m. and decided it was time to play.  I guess we've been spoiled, because we had no idea how to deal with an alert almost-toddler when all we wanted to do was sleep.  Brought me back to those first days as a new parent, only then, I didn't have to chase her up and down the halls and pray we weren't waking up our neighbors.

At thirteen months, Lola dances whenever she hears music. When she's too tired to move her body, she shakes her head side to side.  (Think "Night at the Roxbury"-style)

At thirteen months, Lola is not nearly as interested in food as she used to be.  She loves to drink from a straw, and ends a nice big slurp with a satisfied, "Ahhhhhhh."  She loves vanilla goldfish, string cheese and yogurt of any kind.
Probably because it reminds her of ice cream.  A girl of my own heart.

The wonderful thing about my Lola girl is her constant happiness.  She's always smiling, laughing, giving kisses, goofing off and showing me new things.  Sure, there's an occasional tantrum here and there, but I've been so impressed by my daughter's ability to find joy in everything.


Shouldn't we all strive for that?
I think so.


My goodness, I love this girl.

5 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so excited to see you and finally meet Lola!!! Can't wait for you girls to get here!

De Rosa said...

Dang she is too cute and I can't believe she is 13months already STOP getting big MIss Lola!

Unknown said...

Okay, that 2nd picture is absolutely hilarious! I love it! When are you coming to texas!??!?! love ya!

AJ and Cindy said...

I love that butterfly shirt on Lo, I am so glad you got it, it is really cute. I love everything you wrote about Lola mainly b\c I was happy that I pretty much knew all of it. She is so pretty and such a good, well mannered baby and I love that her and Lyla love each other so much! we love you all so much!

Lindsey Bell said...

She is so cute and I just want to eat her! I hope you are weirded out by the fact I want to eat your baby. i LOVE the picture at the top of your blog!