James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Odd jobs...

Last night I got into our car to go to the gym and felt strangely claustrophobic.

That's when something fuzzy and yellow touched my shoulder.
I screamed and instinctively stabbed at my attacker with my keys.

When I turned to confront this intruder, I realized I was being assaulted by none other than a giant bird costume. (Think GOB's "free bird" illusion from Arrested Development)
An eagle, to be exact.

I never used to think of Reece as a secretive guy, but this discovery made me wonder.

I returned from the gym and confronted my unsuspecting husband, told him point blank I had discovered his secret and demanded an explanation.

He informed me he had been asked to dress up like Mac the Eagle, his company mascot, for a branch event in the morning.

I told him to leave this little task off his resume when applying for business schools.
And to ask for a raise.

He came home this morning with Kneaders french toast, his compensation for becoming Mac.
So I guess it was worth it.

I only wish he would let me take a picture...

0 comments: