James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kelly...

My baby sister turned 18.

Heaven help us.

 

Lola wasn't so sure about the whole "sharing the attention" thing, so she stole one of Kelly's gifts right out from under her nose.


And because the complimentary apple crisp at California Pizza Kitchen was much too small to satisfy my family, we headed to The Chocolate for some real dessert.

While the rest of us dined on cake, ice cream and fruit tarts, Lola charmed grandpa into handing over a Dum Dum.  Nothing like straight sugar to keep a tired baby upbeat.


When the Dum Dum had been reduced to nothing but a stick, grandma decided to win back the title of "favorite" by shoveling straight cream into Lola's mouth.


We need to get this kid a treadmill.

Happy birthday to our lovely Auntie Kelly.
Thanks for being born.

5 comments:

De Rosa said...

I love how it's Kelly's birthday but really this post is about Lola, well duh why wouldn't it be!

AJ and Cindy said...

what a beautiful family you have! one day I will feel like you have that brother you talk about :) JK looks like a fun evening!

The Grady's said...

HOLY COW!!! Has it been that long? She was 11 when we were in college - CRAZY! I cannot believe how old we are getting :(

Unknown said...

Too bad I wasnt there to serve you! How'd you get the free dessert? Some of our managers have been sticklers lately!

Kelly Rogers said...

I like this post. I'll be born anytime.
Love you!