James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The first...

Today we celebrated our daughter's first birthday.

She chose Cafe Rio for her big dinner.
What can I say? She loves those tortillas.


And because the birthday girl gets whatever she wants, my Diet Dr. Pepper with lime ended up in her possession.


We are SUCH good parents.



Next on the agenda: a trip to Barnes & Noble for the selection of the birthday books.
I smell a tradition, do you?


And what better way to end the festivities than with a Lola-sized ice cream cone.
It was a disaster, but I've never seen the girl so happy.


It's official:  Lola's birthday extravaganza has officially begun.
Stay tuned for scenes from tomorrow's big bash.

And just remember, it's her party and she'll cry if she wants to.


4 comments:

steph said...

I need to remember to grab some tissue when I'm about to read your blog. Sometimes I'll laugh so hard that I cry, and other times I'll just cry. Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories. I'm glad we both have something to celebrate on 8/12!

Courtney said...

The birthday bash was a success. Good job mom! I got chills reading the post right before this one. How does a year go so fast!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Oh and she did cry. She did. :)

Katie said...

Wish we could join in on the festivities! Happy birthday Lola!