James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crazy train...

Lately, no matter how exhausted I happen to be when my head hits the pillow, my brain immediately switches into overdrive and I can't stop thinking.

It's a scary thing, really.  Me, alone with my thoughts.

Here is a sampling of the latest insomnia-inducing "mind grapes" ($20 bucks to anyone who can correctly identify that reference):

*Is the stray kitten that lives outside our door getting enough to eat? Which leads to... Will my landlord be mad I've been leaving food outside our door for it? Which leads to... Have I been giving my own two cats enough attention? Which leads to... Why did we name our cat Adele when we could have used it on one of our daughters? Which leads to... I am really baby hungry.

*How is it possible I finished off that entire carton of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in two days? Which leads to... I am fairly sure I've gained about 10 pounds in the last week. Which leads to... I need to go set my alarm so I can go to the gym tomorrow morning. Which leads to... How can I get out of bed when I feel so gross? Which leads to... Maybe if I get up to eat some ice cream I'll feel better.

*Why do some people never grow out of the middle school mentality? Which leads to... I hated middle school. Which leads to... I never want to send Lola to middle school. Which leads to... But I really liked those giant pink sugar cookies from the cafeteria.  Which leads to... I want to get a law degree.

I told you it was scary.

6 comments:

siovhan said...

30 rock -- jack donaghy (is that how you spell that?) what. up.

and i think the last one is my favorite one. i, too, want a law degree now.

and i face the ice cream one ALL THE TIME, myself.

aubrie said...

I am the exact same way! Every once in awhile when Corey thinks my thoughts are jumping all over the place I sit down and explain my "clearly logical" train of thought. He just stares, mouth slightly ajar, totally dumbfounded :)

AJ and Cindy said...

I can totally relate to this! I was awake for at least two hours in the middle of the night just thinking about everything. it is so exhausting! my mom gave me the tip that when that happens, just write everything down in a notebook next to your bed, and that way you know your thoughts are out of your m ind. I have yet to try that, but she and my sister swear it works! :)

Shannon said...

I love your thoughts. Really, your whole mind just fascinates me.

And man, those giant pink sugar cookies were the best. But still trying to figure out the link to law school!

Unknown said...

Your advertisement on the right says "single girls in video chat who will you meet?" Nice ;)

Kim said...

Oh, thank you, Jessica, for quoting 30 Rock so beautifully. You completely made my day!