James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bragging rights...

I am here to tell you, I married the smartest man alive.

And I guess it goes without saying, he's much smarter than I am.

Because he knows things don't always come easy.
He knows that everything worth anything takes a lot of hard work.
He knows not to get discouraged when disappointment slaps you in the face.
He knows cursing life won't make things better.
He knows how important it is to keep working towards a goal, no matter what roadblocks pop up along the way.
He knows the best way to overcome a trial is to have faith that things will eventually work out better than you possibly could have imagined.

Today, Reece took the GMAT for the second time.
Let's just say, he killed it..  The test that is.  The thing never stood a chance.

Thanks to nearly a year of non-stop studying, he's earned himself an amazing shot at being accepted to pretty much any top MBA program in the country.

It's OK to brag if you're not bragging about yourself, right?
I don't really care either way, because I couldn't be more proud of Reece, and I am so grateful for everything he did to open the prospect of a limitless future for our little family.

And though I'm sure that limitless future will hold some pain, considerable disappointment, a significant amount of stress and occasional heartache, my genius husband has taught me that we can still be happy, we can still move forward and we can still succeed, as long as we trust in each other and in God.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some congratulatory smooching to do.
Cloud nine is a great place to be.

7 comments:

Kimba said...

congrats, reece!!! knew you could! now, to disneyland, right?! :)

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Jess and Reece I am so happy for you! Reece you are amazing! Congrats!

De Rosa said...

That is why you are so Happy, you deserve to be happy all you want! Congrats Reece and Congrats to you Jess for putting up with all the long hours of him studying. You guys make a great team. We can't wait to see what the future holds. And we know that Reece will get into a killer school. Congrats again and good luck to the both of you! Honestly it couldn't happen to a better couple.

De Rosa said...

And come with us to disneyland it will be a surprise or even a reward for Reece!

AJ and Cindy said...

I am so happy for you guys! I know how hard you have worked for this, and I am so thrilled. You guys are such good examples of hard work and we love you for it!

todd and erin said...

That is so awesome! I remember talking to you about this at Lindsay's wedding and I'm so glad it's working out! I will rely on what is happening with your family to happen to mine because there are a lot of similarities. I guess if you have faith and put in the work, things pay off!

tara said...

Yay! Congrats! Now move your heiney's to the midwest.