James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 2, 2010

Blue Lemon...

I believe that exercise pays off.

Case in point: 

While power-walking downtown, my girlfriend Cindy and I were approached by a legit looking young man (I only mention he looked legit because it's not uncommon to be approached by some serious creepers on our walks -- but that topic deserves a post of its own) who offered us coupons to the Blue Lemon restaurant on South Temple.

We were thrilled. We'd been eyeing the place for weeks, and really, who doesn't love free food?

So tonight, we reaped the rewards of our labors.


We loved the ambiance -- funky and chic.
Not to mention the fact the high chairs were brand new.  A mother's dream come true.


Now onto the food.
Reece chose the fish tacos (free) and a chocolate freeze specialty drink (also free).
I'm fairly certain I consumed about 1,200 calories in just one sip.
Completely worth it.


I tried the turkey burger with mozzarella and turkey bacon on a whole wheat ciabatta bun with a side of sweet potato fries (also, also free).


Our friends tasted the tomato artichoke panini and the chicken fettuccini alfredo.


Lola enjoyed herself, particularly when throwing everything we tried to give her straight on the ground and laughing hysterically when we tried to tell her no.
Once again, heaven help us.


Now do you believe me?
If you exercise, you get mass amounts of fatty, wonderful, delicious food for just nine bucks total.
So get walking.

On a somewhat unrelated note, here's more proof my daughter is going to be a tennis star someday.


Thanks to Grandpa Tony for tracking down a Lola-sized tennis "ba."
Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that the "ba" is actually a dog toy?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome! Although I have yet to have anything remotely that cool happen on any of my walks yet. Of course, the fact that they're usually at 6 AM probably doesn't help.

P.S. I adore Lola's little yellow dress! So cute!!

AJ and Cindy said...

that place was really good (since I ate the huge sandwich and all...hehe) Being your walking buddy does pay off! :)

Emily said...

easily my favorite place to eat. they have one out by me in highland and I'm there once a week. The only thing I haven't liked is one of the salads I ordered, but only because it paled in comparison to the real food and I was hungry. Yum! Good to know there's another one in SL!