James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three...

Today marked three years of Reece and Jessica, the husband and wife edition.

Three has been a significant number in our relationship.  

It's the number of months it took us to get engaged after we met.  It's the number of children we [I] plan to have.  It's the number of cars we've owned.  It's the current human population of our family.  It's the number of times I've locked myself out of our apartment.  It's the number of times Reece has had to come home from work early to let me back in.  

Year three launched us into a new stage in our relationship and in life, really.
That's because year three brought us Lola.

In year three, I watched Reece transition flawlessly into the role of "dada."
In year three, I learned just how much I rely on my husband, and how much his presence brings calm and peace to my life.
In year three, I learned that as you fall more in love with your child, you can't help but fall more in love with your child's father.
In year three, I learned how strong the man I married really is.
In year three, I learned to have more patience.
In year three, I learned how patient Reece has been from the very beginning.
I year three, I learned that when one person [Jessica] is crumbling, the other person [Reece] is aways ready to pick up the pieces and put them back together.
In year three, I relearned how much I love holding hands in public.
In year three, I learned that my life is better than it has ever been.

So here's to the most rewarding, most challenging, most joyful, most fulfilling year of my existence.

Te amo, amore mio.

4 comments:

De Rosa said...

Congrats Jess, and Reece! 3 years is a lot especial when you throw a baby in the mix and worl and life. You guys really are a great couple and I hope Mike and I can be more like you guys!

mathistown said...

Congrats! I love things (marriage) that just keep
getting better and better! P.S. You look super cute in the picture. :)

Jessica said...

Happy anniversary!

P.S. I want three kids too. It seems like such a manageable number. Now how do I talk the hubby down from six?

Camille Wheatley said...

So cute! I love this photo! You two are just too darn photogenic. We love you! Congrats on 3 years!