James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, June 26, 2010

When the Cat's Away...

Lola decided to ditch us for a sleepover with grandma and grandpa tonight.

As we packed her bags and loaded her up into grandpa's car, I couldn't help but feel a bit emotional.  Lola, however, remained cool as a cucumber.  So much for being a mama's girl...


As our baby drove off into the sunset in the convertible that will inevitably be hers someday (she owns her grandpa), we made a mad dash to our car and headed over to the Gateway to see what movies were playing after 9 p.m.

Leaving the house?  After 9 p.m.?  Blasphemy I tell you.

The last movie we saw together was "Julie and Julia."  It was the day I was scheduled to go to the hospital for my induction, but my water broke that morning and I was experiencing heavy back labor throughout the entire two-hour film.

I cursed Meryl Streep for days after, because she makes a great scapegoat.  Really, she does. 
 
We ended up catching "Iron Man 2."  The theater was nice and empty, just the way I like it.  We got to put our feet up on the seats in front of us, which is essential to an enjoyable movie-going experience.  We got to hold hands and smooch in public like we did when we were young and unafraid.

It was lovely.


Poor Reece.  I make him take photos at the movie theater, like it's the Eiffel Tower or something.  Bet he wouldn't have married me if he had known just how obsessive my need to document life's happenings really is.

As we stumbled out of our late show, I discovered a haven in the middle of all the generic restaurants positioned conveniently outside the movie theater entrance.


Yes, I know.   Just what Utah needs, right?  Another pay-by-the-ounce yogurt place.  But I'm telling you, this one is different. 

First of all, they provide endless sample cups, no questions asked. 

Second of all, they have peanut butter frozen yogurt -- perhaps my most favorite flavor in the universe.

Third of all, the cup is gigantic -- perfect for sharing (especially when you are cheap like we are).

Fourth of all, the lights on the ceiling are mesmerizing.


Perfetto.  

4 comments:

Amy said...

Dude, your kid is cooler than I am and she can't even walk yet. She's ridin in style!

:D Looks lovely.

Kelly Rogers said...

Did you get your hair done? It looks beautiful and so do you. You look tan as well. I approve of the way you look.
Love,
You favorite sister Kelly

Jessica said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I don't even remember what it was like to leave the house that late and go on a date! I think it may be time to ditch our little progeny off on some willing grandparents.

P.S. You're looking supa tan! Summer treats you well!

Camille Wheatley said...

Mmmmm . . . peanut butter frozen yogurt. Remember the Yogurt Stop days? When can we go to Juicy Berry? :)