James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cause You Were all Yellow...

I teach the youth Sunday school class in my church ward.  Since we live in the city, the "youth" class is comprised of about six kids ranging in age from 12 to 18.

And they crack me up.

Every single one of them.

Case in point:

Today I felt a tap on my shoulder as I was walking into our classroom.

"What's wrong with your hair teacher?" said Freddie, with a slightly horrified look on his face.

Panicked, I immediately grabbed my locks to make sure they hadn't suddenly fallen out or turned blue or something like crazy like that.  After all, you never know what can happen to your body after having a baby.

"What do you mean?" I replied anxiously.

"It's all... yellow.  Like, really, really, really yellow. I liked it better when it wasn't as, you know... freaky."
Looks like I might be going back to brunette a little sooner than I had planned.

Because how am I supposed to inspire my class when they're distracted by my freakiness?

4 comments:

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

I had to laugh when I read this post! In my old ward I taught the 12-16 year old class.... we lived in the ghetto on the westside off redwood road, (that should give you an idea of our ward). I had kids comment on everything from the size of my feet, to the color of my lipstick.... sometimes I didn't know if I should laugh or cry!

AJ and Cindy said...

LOL LOL that is so funny, especially b\c Freddie told me that I looked like a baby when I wore that headband that one Sunday. I can totally picture that all happening, too...oh boy, those kids are brutally honest, but I love it. I am sad I missed your class today..and those pumpkin cookies :)

Esplins said...

So funny! I was asked to substitute one Sunday in a new ward and was wearing my hair curly with gel/mousse in it so it had the lightly crunchy look. Anyway, some girl couldn't get over why I had straw for hair and kept wanting to touch it. She was black (African-American I guess??) so I kept thinking "do you really want to get into this whole hair thing?" Hmmm... memories...

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Haha! Is this a Jessica story?