James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swedish Berry Cream Dessert...

So summer is here, this we've established.  

Well, aside from the fact that this weekend was freezing.  Like, winter-coat-bundle-up-the-baby-drink-hot-chocolate-curse-the-hail kind of freezing.  

But that's beside the point.

My mother is the maker of the most amazing dessert known to man.  It also happens to be perfect for summer.  And though my pictures don't do it justice, it really is as close to heaven as you will get with an indulgent treat.

I grew up begging for it and intend to make sure my own children grow up begging for it.

So here it is, in all its glory...


Guess what?

I've decided to spread the love and share it with all of you.

Aren't I nice?

Swedish Berry Cream Dessert

1 envelope Knox gelatin
1/4 c. cold water
2 1/2 c. heavy cream (to save a few calories, I use 1 1/4 c. half an half, 1 1/4 c. heavy cream)
1 c. sugar
2 c. sour cream (I use fat free)
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries -- whatever you love most)

Dissolve gelatine in water.  
Heat (do not boil) cream, sugar, and gelatin; stirring gently.  
Cool to room temperature.  
Fold in sour cream and vanilla.  
Pour over berries and chill (you can do individual serving bowls, or a big bowl)  
Serves 8

Hope you love it as much as we do

-----

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! My hubby's family is Norwegian, so they're naturally opposed to anything Swedish, so I'll just tell them it's "Scandinavian." Mmmm. Thanks for the recipe!