James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shame...

*Defined as a painful emotion caused by consciousness of guilt, a condition of humiliating disgrace or disrepute, something to be regretted

This particular emotion has taken over my entire being.

That's because I, Jessica Maria Ivins, went to a midnight showing of the new Twilight movie.

I CANNOT believe I am admitting it to the world.

Two of my favorite girlfriends are always up for an adventure, so we decided it would be a hoot to leave the babies with husbands, slip on our pajama bottoms and engage in some of the most entertaining people watching the world has ever seen.

Though the movie itself could possibly be defined as the most painful, boring and ridiculous three hours of my existence, the experience leading up to it was fantastic.

First stop: the ghetto and often terrifying Smiths in Rose Park for treats.


Next up, a photo scavenger hunt at the Gateway.  We had to kick it off with Sponge Bob party hats, because really, why not?


Among our favorite finds...

The people wearing metallic cape-ish things.  I'm not sure if they thought they were there to see Harry Potter or if this is a new style I haven't caught on to yet.


The man wearing an Eclipse shirt with pride.


The 5,894,398,438 "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" shirts.  I wish I had worn my "Team Sawyer" wife beater.

(Yes, that "Team Jacob" shirt says "Edward sucks, literally")

The triple threat.
 
Hollie even managed to track down Jacob himself.  I'm pretty sure this guy grew out his hair with the hopes of finding a date for the big premier.  At the very least, he managed to hook three young moms who found his dedication endearing... and hilarious.
It was almost too much to take in. 

When the time came to actually sit down for the movie, I realized that I was actually going to have to watch the movie.


I got kicked about eight times from the girl sitting behind me who apparently did not appreciate our constant gagging noises.  Or the fact that we laughed at parts that weren't supposed to be funny.  Or the fact that I yelled out "Team Dumbledore" during a pivotal scene.

Bottom line: the movie was terrible.  I still despise all things Twilight. (Sorry Hollie)

But even though I only got about four hours of sleep last night and will be mocked mercilessly by my husband for at least the next five years, I haven't had that much fun with my girlfriends since I was in college.

We are already planning to catch the midnight showing of the next Harry Potter movie.  I might even borrow that metallic cape.


8 comments:

siovhan said...

team dumbledore?!!! hahahahaha. you're HYSTERICAL!

Quinn and Ryan said...

Haa! You ladies are hilarious! I am glad you all had so much fun. I love all the pictures...so fun!

Unknown said...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ask_the_answer_bitch/b187768_once_all_harry_potter_better_twilight.html THAT explains why Harry Potter is better than Twilight, and I agree!

Cindy said...

I dont' know which is more terrifying the midnight showing or Rose Park's Smith's late at night.

De Rosa said...

All I know, is that was the greatest night ever between the high of all the sugar and the the lack of sleep I know for sure we had a great night. Best idea ever Jess. Thanks for the invite and I am so glad that we all got to be twlight buds! Go dimbledore!

Marissa Waddell said...

oh my goodness, hilarious. i don't know how you survived a theater full of psychos. team dumbledore all the way :)

AJ and Cindy said...

that was so much fun, seriously, the best night ever. thanks for the idea, and thanks for allowing me to me super silly! love ya!

Fae said...

Thanks for the invite biotches!